Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Scooby Doo Backgrounds

This is a cool site someone shared with me! It's a bunch of backgrounds from the original Scooby Doo TV show. They look so good without cheaply-animated characters pasted onto them!

I'd like to use some of these as the background to my computer. In fact, I have a problem with desktop backgounds. Maybe one of you can help? I have a lot of pictures, and I want my computer to randomly cycle through them as the background picture. I've been doing that for years; I like having a different background pop up every time I start the computer.

The problem is I can't get it to work with Windows 7. My pictures are all different sizes, which screws everything up. The pictures that are larger than my computer screen refuse to shrink down, and all I see is the upper/left corner of those pictures. If I select one of the "make the picture the size of the screen" options, this causes all of my smaller pictures to be blown up to fit the screen. Not only does that result in some hideously blurry photos, but it makes most of the comic strips unreadable. Is there a way to shrink down the larger pictures, without blowing up the smaller pictures? I could manually go through every picture I have and make them 700 pixels tall, maximum, but that is a huge pain, and I would rather not do that.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I had the same problem. I found that if you choose the "Fit" option under Picture Position, the photos stay their original size. Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

You could have different folders for different size pictures; photos that are smaller in one folder, larger screen-filling photos in another, and switch folders every few days. It's sort of a lazy solution. I think the cycling backgrounds are easier on Macs