- Mechanical engineering. I'm sure what they are building is interesting, but debating which type of cooling tube is best goes way beyond my skill set.
- HR Departments. I have never worked at a business big enough to have an HR department. I've only encountered the manager-type person, who doubles as HR whenever necessary.
- Farming and irrigation systems. Apparently, pistachios require a lot less water to grow than oranges do. Fun fact of the day.
- Building your own gun. Those wacky mechanical engineers, always building things which will probably kill people! I've never actually seen a gun in person.
- Sermons. People started making jokes about priests, and how they always give long, boring sermons. I wisely decided to keep my mouth shut, since I've given about 50 sermons, most of them confined to a 300-word limit.
- Class-C Licenses for Non-Profits. Okay, IRS people, now you're trying to prevent other people from joining the conversation.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
I went to a party the other day, and I felt extremely out of place because the conversations revolved around things I know nothing about. These included: