Sunday, July 27, 2014

Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse Speedrun

My last attempt at a speedrun for Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse was this:



Like all my other test runs, triggering the second monster sighting was a problem. I have no idea what the trigger is, and I suspect that there's something like a five minute delay in between you triggering the call and you receiving it. Most people think the trigger is "confront Anja about her resume", but in the video, the monster sighting happens four minutes after that.

Other possible triggers are a specific phone conversation with Markus, having a specific conversation with Anja and having Renate see Nancy's fancy outfit. I suppose I could test out every possible trigger, by taking ten minute "wait and see if there's a time delay" breaks after each one, but that's pretty time consuming.

No comments: