Friday, July 25, 2014

DOS Games

I was updating my Backloggery the other day, and I ran into a minor problem with DOS games. I have 52 different DOS games, or in other words, I have 52 games from before 1995.

The problem is that I don't know the names of all these games. See, back then, file names couldn't be longer than eight characters. Computers couldn't handle that. So instead of full names, most of the files are acronyms. For example, Prince of Persia and Prince of Persia 2 are in folders named POP1 and POP2.

I've forgotten what most of the file names stand for. Curse could refer to a number of games, FD is ??? and Poca is...I think it's a pre-Disney Pocahontas game.

Yes, I suppose I could go through all 52 games and see what their full titles are, but that's 52 games! Clearly, a project which would take an hour or two, depending on how fun the games are.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You forgot the bonus chapter in Living Legends: Frozen Beauty!