Saturday, July 5, 2014

Desktop Backgrounds

Hey, I'm still having problems with my desktop backgrounds! The standard options don't seem to work.
  • Fill: If the picture is larger than the screen, it is cropped/shrunk until it is the size of the background.
  • Fit: The picture is fit to the screen size.
  • Stretch: The picture is stretched to fit the screen. How is this at all different than the previous option?
These options look great, with normal digital pictures. But I have pictures that are not thousands of pixels wide. I also have pictures that are *gasp!* vertically oriented! These pictures look awful when the computer zooms in on them so much that they fill the screen.

Is there an option which is simply "shrink the picture to fit the screen, if necessary"? I am trying to remember what I did on my older computer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Maybe you should leave out some of the pictures.

Tiago Paolini said...

Maybe you should cut and/or resize your pictures on Paint.