Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Zelda 3DS

I finished playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds yesterday. It's a pretty good game.

The other day, I complained about the seven sages in this game. They show up, unintroduced, and just as I was saying, "Wait, who are these people?", they get kidnapped. The second half of the game is a quest to save them.

It turns out that the seven sages are not just random people. All of them are characters who appear in the first half of the game. I just forgot about them completely, because they were pretty minor characters. As in, none of them said more than two sentences.

Now I'm a little worried that if I go back and replay my favorite Zelda games on the N64, things will be the same. That is, none of the characters will say more than two sentences. I remember and like most of the characters; it would be disappointing for me to see how underdeveloped they are.

One problem with the game is the fact that the X button doesn't do anything. Ever. You assign items to the Y button, and it's kind of a pain to switch items, because it involves using the item screen or the touchpad. It would have been much better, if you could assign an item to the X button.

One non-problem with the game is the fact that they have a turtle dungeon, which is shaped like a turtle. 10 out of 10, would turtle again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's an item you can get to assign items to the x button. you must have missed it.

Emily said...

I need to play/finish this game! I got mad at it sort of, because my boyfriend started playing on my save file, made it through the first half of the game and quite a bit of the second, and now I have no idea what is going on in the game lol.