Saturday, June 7, 2014

Donkey Kong Country 3DS

I tried out Donkey Kong Country for the 3DS this week. That's one of the games I asked my parents to get me last Christmas. (I need to ask them for simple-to-find games).

This game is a sequel (port?) of a Wii game. I think they expected players to be familiar with the Wii version, because it feels like this game is lacking a tutorial. It's not so bad that you can't figure out what to do, but I'd still prefer to be told things like "touching the purple stuff kills you" instead of having to figure it out the hard way.

I suspect there is an attack move I haven't figured out yet, because killing enemies is overly difficult. It's one of those games where you have to land directly on top of an enemy to kill it. If you're even the slightest bit off, you take damage. That happens about 50% of the time for me. I'm not good with the 3DS circle pad. Please give me a normal control stick!

Consensus: Instead of moving onto World 2, I'm going to move on to the next game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played Donkey Kong on the gameboy. Childhood memories. :P

Anonymous said...

you are likely missing the roll attack, which I'm not sure what combo it is on 3d version. if you are really having that much difficulty on world 1, you probably should stop, but the game is very worth playing in my opinion and the wii version is one of my favorite games. on the wii version, if you die 8 times in one level, you activate "super kong", which finishes the levels for you.