Friday, June 13, 2014

Castlevania: Mirror of Shadow: Lords of Fate

I've tried out Castlevania: Mirror of Shadow: Lords of Fate for the 3DS, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I like the 2D Castlevania games for the GBA, and this game is vaguely like those games, mixed with God of War.

If you like fancy fighting games with a bunch of different moves, you're in for a treat. I don't like fighting games myself. There's something about multiple attack buttons and combos that I just can't wrap my head around. I can handle games with different weapons and attacks, but this one passes my tolerance threshold. Metroid Other M was pretty much at my limit of "too many abilities to keep track of".

The graphics are nice, but you can tell that they're supposed to be for Xbox 360, not a handheld device. They distracted me, a bit. I'm still not used to the idea of 2D games with fancy 3D graphics. They're a bit too dark for you see the game well, thanks to how the 3DS screen is lit, compared to a TV screen, but there's an in-game brightness option that lets you adjust this, so it's not too bad.

No comments: