Friday, May 16, 2014

NFL Draft

In the news this week, 45.7 million people watched the NFL Draft. It is the most-viewed draft of all time.

That's pretty crazy. I mean, you're not even watching football. You're watching teams pick players who might play football. I probably wouldn't watch it unless someone I know was being picked.

Then again, I'm not a fan of the NFL draft in general. When I was growing up, the nearest NFL team to me had a strategy of going all-out during the draft. It seemed like, every year, they signed a big name rookie to a 5+ contract. He would then proceed to get injured in the first few games, and he'd watch the rest of the season from the sidelines. The team would still have to pay him millions of dollars during this time. At the end of the year, the contract would be broken, and they'd repeat the process the next year. As a result, I'm highly skeptical when teams brag about a new draft pick who will allegedly turn the team around.

2 comments:

Sarah Klauda said...

I don't follow the draft too much, but I'm an avid football fan. We need to bring in some good players to replace the ones we can't pay anymore because of Greedy Joe.

MagicalUnicornKarpTroll223 said...

Sometimes NFL drafts remind me of the movie Frozen, except that Anna has powers as well as Elsa. Knowing Anna, she'd probably have Earth, plant, and nature powers, which remind me how much mud and dirt there is in nature, which reminds me of how football player's shoes can get dirty while they're playing, and why are they playing? Because they were selected in the NFL drafts.


Boom, there's our Frozen and NFL connection.