Friday, April 18, 2014

Worst of Blackmoor Manor, Chapter 25

Here is Chapter 25 of my parody story, Nancy Drew: Worst of Blackmoor Manor. Today, Nancy discovers who the culprit is.

---

Nancy's long string of curses was interrupted by the appearance of Jane. "Whatever you just found, it's mine!" Jane said. "I'm the Penvellyn, not you, and besides, I would have found it first if I didn't have to learn all that other garbage!"

"Uh, what?" Nancy asked. The twelve-year-old was the culprit?

"Our family treasure is a rock? No way!" Jane said. "There must be something under it."

Jane grabbed the rock, which was connected to a trip wire. Nancy dived out of the way, as a large iron box fell down from the ceiling and trapped Jane.

"Nancy! Help! Get me out of here!" Jane cried. "I'm sorry for what I did! I'm sorry for everything!"

"You should apologize for making me do all those games," Nancy said.

"No, I mean, I'm sorry for what I did to Linda! She's not really turning into a werewolf! I just fed her pills and hair restorer to make her sleepy and hairy! I want her to go away, so it can be just me and Mummy! My real mummy!"

"Another mystery solved!" Nancy complimented herself.

Nancy figured she could rescue Jane, by using the large Aelous statue. She pressed the buttons to make it move, but it stayed in place.

"Huh? Why isn't this working? It was fine just a few minutes ago!" Nancy said.

The statue looked down at her. "I'm not going to help you, Nancy," it said.

"WHAT?" Nancy cried.

"You've been cheating your way through all of the puzzles here!" the statue reprimanded. "You broke the Mercury statue, you got water all over the conservatory, and you lied to Ethel. Why, I don't think you did one puzzle legitimately!"

"Hey, it's not my fault!" Nancy said. "These puzzles are really hard!"

"Well, I'm not going to let you cheat on the final puzzle," the statue said. "You have to figure out a way to free Jane, without my help."

"But I'm not smart enough to do that!"

"Then I guess Jane is going to die," the statue said. "She only has five minutes of air left. Can you solve the puzzle in time?"

"NOOOOO!" Nancy cried. "SECOND CHANCE! SECOND CHANCE! WHERE'S THE SECOND CHANCE BUTTON?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haaa haaa. Funny.