Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Nancy Drew News

Today we had a ton of Nancy Drew news!

First off, we got the full list of characters who will appear in next month's Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion! Some of the characters we already knew about, such as Soony Joon, Nancy, Bess, and George. The list of international competitors is brand new, though! The Canadian team will feature Justin Bieber and Toronto mayor Rob Ford. The Asian team will feature Jackie Chan and Kim Jong-Un. The European team will feature Harry Potter and Pope Francis.

Second, Carolyn Keene is in talks with NBC to make a Nancy Drew TV series. They're making a number of changes to the books, in order to make them better-suited for television audiences. For example, Nancy's friends Bess and George will be replaced by a pair of wisecracking seven-year-olds. Ned will sing more musical numbers, and the Hardy Boys will always appear topless.

Carolyn Keene also announced vague plans for Nancy Drew crossover books in the future, including Nancy Drew Enters the Hunger Games, Nancy Drew Fights the Walking Dead, and Nancy Drew: 16 and Pregnant.

Finally, Her Interactive announced that they are working on a Hardy Boys game, after recently purchasing the rights to the PC series. Plot details are still under wraps, but rumor has it that Frank and Joe will have to go undercover as a gay couple, in order to stop a homophobic high school bully. The Hardy Boys Come Out of the Closet has a tentative release date of 2016.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

April fool! :)

Melissa said...

Okay Nancy Drew 16 and pregnant made me laugh haha - Happy April 1st to you too

Anonymous said...

Omygosh I actually believed this at first. :P I was like what the heck?

L said...

This is hilarious--I love it!

Anonymous said...

After reading the first three pieces of news I then realized its a prank. I'm so gullible! Happy April Fools' Day!

Justice said...

I laughed, but at the same time, some of the things you wrote are actually, uncomfortably "thinkable"; i.e. if I didn't know better, I could buy the idea that someone would mess up the ND/HB franchises in these ways. Such is the sad, ridiculous world we live in. But these suggestions just make me gladder that the folks in charge of the rights have kept the integrity these characters and stories relatively intact. Although, there is at least one fake report I like: "Ned will sing more musical numbers." Now THAT I'd like to hear. :D


Anonymous said...

I would totally play "The Hardy Boys Come Out of the Closet" :D

Izzy Narnia said...

The last one would be really good. I would play that game :)

Emily in Wisconsin said...

THIS IS SO FUNNY

Anonymous said...

At first when I started reading this I believed it!! LOL. But then I realized it was a April fools joke. ;)