Thursday, April 24, 2014

Infertility

Q: Does Catholicism ban infertile men and women from getting married?

A: No. Infertile people can be married in the Catholic Church. Yesterday, I said infertility could affect a person's ability to get married, but 99.9% of the time, it does not.

Here's the one exception that I know about. Law #1098 says that a marriage is invalid, if Partner A deliberately deceives Partner B, by hiding some information that "can gravely disturb" the marriage.

I suspect this law is deliberately vague, so it can cover a wide variety of situations. Use your imagination to think of secrets that can ruin a marriage. Drug addictions, gambling, a history of violence, etc. Surely, there are situations where infertility falls under this law.

According to canon 1084 §3, sterility doesn't fall under this law. ...I think. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm uncertain about the legalese used here since one law cross-references another law.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bananarama fanfiction story in which all the band members transform themselves into One Direction merchendise so that they can kill Obama because they don't really like him.

Anonymous said...

@Anon 3:14
WTF does a Bananarama fanfic have to do with Catholic marrige laws?? Your so stupid!

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous 4:38

Okay, firstly, a Bananarama fanfiction would be awesome.
Secondly, I posted at 3:41, NOT 3:14.
Thirdly, it's "You're so stupid", NOT "Your so stupid", okay?

"Your" is posessive, "You're" is a contraction for "You are". Get it right!

Anonymous said...

@Anon 4:49
No it would suck! Bananarama is the WORST band ever! And fine! If you want 2 get a attotude about it mr smarty grammer nazi!!!!!!!!!1!!!!

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous 5:14

...So many... So many things... Wrong here...

*to *an *attitude *Mr *grammar

And also, use less exclamation points, okay? Being louder doesn't make you correct.

Anonymous said...

@Anon 5:34

Well who cares if I dont have perfect englsh??? I have a mom and dad who love me and who do you have? NOBODY! YOU'RE PROBLY A MEAN OLD MAN WITH NOTHING BETTER 2 DO THAN 2 SPAM BLOGS POST!!

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous 5:40

No, I'm a teenage girl who is a big fan of Bananarama and Arglefumph. If anything, you're the old man with no sense of grammar.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Grammar Nazi Anon:

use less exclamation points, okay?

It should be 'fewer', not less.

Being a Grammar Nazi doesn't make you correct, either; it just makes you insufferable.

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous 7:23

Haha, thanks for pointing out my mistake, but there was no reason to defend the person with the bad grammar; all the comments except for yours were done by the same person.

Sorry, starting anonymous comment wars with myself is just what I do when I feel bored.

Sorry Michael Gray! And also, sorry Person-Who-Got-Mad-At-Me-For-Fighting-With-Myself-And-Then-Corrected-One-Of-My-Mistakes.

I am SO glad anonymous comments are a thing.

Trolling completed! :D

Anonymous said...

can i have your email address? becasue i want to email you a list of games that i think you'll love as much as i did/