Saturday, February 15, 2014

VidCon

Do you readers know anything about VidCon? One or two people have asked me if I'm going to attend.


From what I can tell, it's basically a gathering of people who make YouTube videos. It's in Anaheim, from June 6-9.  It seems kind of pricey--$450 for an exhibitor pass and $150 for a visitor pass.  That's on top of the price of the hotel and the flight there.


I tried looking through their list of special guests, but I didn't recognize anyone because I don't watch Youtube videos. Maybe I can be super lucky and get a special guest discount, but all the guests I saw are about ten times as popular as I am.


Thoughts?  I'm on the fence.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm a huge fan of Hank and John Green who founded VidCon. I've been watching their coverage of the event for years (though sadly I can't afford to fly to California to attend). From what I can tell it's an incredibly fun event, even for people that aren't as familiar with the guests. There are a lot of panels and things that can give you more ideas about how to hone your craft.

Of course, the expense is unfortunately a bit to manage for some people.

Alex Bragdon said...

I love VidCon! You should definitely come hang out this year! Though i'm surprised you don't watch many YouTubers considering you are one yourself. I would recommend www.youtube.com/vlogbrothers and www.youtube.com/wheezywaiter Anyway you should defiantly come to VidCon

Breanna ;) said...

Michael, I watched your video walkthrough today and I just wanted to tell you that you did a great job, I really enjoyed watching it!! :)

ashlynn said...

Victoria can I be your friend because you are my rolemodle and I think you are pretty and you are a good person

Bryce Hitchcock said...

I know that you posted this a while ago, but I was stalking your blog and thought I would respond anyway.

I am going to my first one this year (yay!). Unfortunately, I haven't had any personal experience. However, some of my friends have gone and they really love it.

Selfishly, I would like to see you there, but if you aren't really into watching other youtubers, it might not be worth your money. They do have good seminars and stuff though for industry tips.

Anyway, this probably didn't help you very much, but I thought I'd put my two cents in.