Friday, January 24, 2014

Nancy Drew Mega Marathon

I'm once again thinking about doing a Nancy Drew marathon. It'd be nice to marathon Games 1-29, in preparation for Game #30.


(I'm guessing Game #30 will be released around May, like Games #28 and #26. #24 was released in June.)


I'm just trying to work out the logistics of when and how this will be possible.  I was thinking of doing a live marathon on Youtube, every Saturday from now until May.  That's a total of thirteen weeks, so...seven weeks of me playing two games, and six weeks of me playing three games will equal to all 29 games, plus Secrets Can Kill Remastered, plus the Dossier games.


I know Youtube's new marathon feature can do the Nancy Drew games which run in a window. I don't know if it can record games #1-15, which run in automatic fullscreen.


Unlike the 2013 Scary Nancy Drew Games Marathon, I'd have to record in half-hour segments. Also unlike that marathon, there won't be a minute-long delay between me recording the video and people seeing it.


Possible downside: There will basically be no reason for me to do Nancy Drew marathons after this.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could just do later games, like 20-29.

Anonymous said...

If you do decide to take on such a monsterously huge task, -I salute you!

And, well, if you decide not to... Eh, I'll salute you anyway because you're awesome. ;-

bug2506 said...

That sounds like fun. It seems like a big task but if you want to do it then Ill definitely watch it. :-)

Madinthehat said...

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

Alexandra Winner said...

I Encourage! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh!! That sounds so cool!!!:) I would really like to see Secrets Can Kill (the original) and Stay Tuned for Danger!!:):):) The Haunted Carousel, too!:) It is a shame that Her Interactive does not sell the first two games anymore, but oh well. I really liked the music from the jukebox in Secrets can Kill (original) and it's been almost 10 years since I've played that game.:) God Bless, Michael.:)

Lily said...

I'm game if you are, Mike! (If you'll pardon the pun) Go for it! I'll totally watch.

Anonymous said...

You should do the last ten

GameOverTown said...

Perhaps you could do a marathon with your favourite games.

Anonymous said...

I thnk what you should do instead since 2013 just ended is to do a big 2013 best nanny drew game voting for everyone online to vote and see which of the 30game best game.