Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Worst of Blackmoor Manor, Chapter 7

Here is Chapter 7 of my parody story, Nancy Drew: Worst of Blackmoor Manor. Today, Nancy talks with Linda again.  This is pretty much the last time Nancy needs to talk to Linda in the game.
 
---

Nancy headed down the hallway and walked into Linda's room. "Hey, hey!" Nancy said. "Awesome Detective here!"
 
Linda didn't say anything.
 
"I checked out that hidden passageway you mentioned," Nancy said. "I didn't see a cursed plaque, though. All I saw was a parrot plaque."
 
"What?" Linda asked. "How can you call yourself a detective? It was right there, waiting to be found! Wanting to be found! It needed someone to find it!"
 
"Are we talking about the plaque, or my friend George? I know she's been looking for a boyfriend for a while now, but that doesn't have anything to do with this case."
 
"I'm doomed! Doomed!" Linda said. "I knew that curse was from the witch, and here's proof! The plaque disappeared as soon as I left the passageway!"
 
"Calm down," Nancy said. "It was dark in the dragon passageway, and I didn't have a flashlight. Maybe I missed the curse?"
 
"Dragon passageway?"
 
"Yeah, you know, the passageway behind the burping dragon in the East Hall," Nancy said.
 
Linda breathed a sigh of relief. "I was talking about the hidden passageway behind the gargoyle."
 
"So there are multiple hidden passageways," Nancy deduced. "Perfect. When am I going to solve a mystery in a place which is not an architect's playhouse?"
 
"The witch built the passageways, so she could escape in case soldiers attacked," Linda said. "Don't you see? This house is designed to get rid of outsiders. Outsiders like you and me!"
 
"How do I get inside this passageway?" Nancy asked.
 
"You move the gargoyle around. I don't know the pattern. I was just fiddling with it, and I came across the solution by accident."
 
"Hmmm...I bet I can figure out how the puzzle works," Nancy said. "Do you have a flashlight I can use in these hidden passageways?"
 
"No," Linda said. "I never leave my bed. Why would I need a flashlight?"
 
"Yeah, about that," Nancy said. "Why don't you leave your bed? I think you need to get some exercise."
 
"I have been cursed, and I'm turning into a monster! I have to stay far away from other people! It's for their own good! ...And mine."
 
"You're really starting to worry your husband and mother," Nancy said. "But don't worry, Linda! I'll find this plaque thingy and prove that there's no curse! Then you'll be free to leave your room again!"
 
"I wish you luck," Linda said.

2 comments:

MysteryOwl21500 said...

I love your fan fictions! They are so good!

GameOverTown said...

Merry Christmas Michael!