Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blackmoor Manor, Chapter 4

Here's Chapter 4 of my parody story, Nancy Drew: Worst of Blackmoor Manor. Today, Nancy learns about the curse.

---

 Nancy returned to Linda's room. "Linda? Jane told me about the Lady in Black."

"What Lady in Black? She never said anything to me about a Lady in Black," Linda said. "That kid is so weird. I just don't get her."

"So you never received any mysterious notes on your nightstand?"

"Well...someone did leave something...but it's none of your concern! What's done is done, and you can't help me!"

"Please, Linda! I can't solve this mystery without your help!" Nancy pleaded. "Was it the Blackmoor Beast? Did he kidnap your father and torture you with cheesy musical numbers until you gave in? What?"

Linda started chuckling lightly. "Nice try, but I'm not saying anything. It's too dangerous."

"Dangerous? Do you realize how many times I've almost been killed while solving mysteries?" Nancy asked. "So far, I've been attacked by ghost dogs, roller coasters, killer whales, and an angry chicken. Not to mention all the murderers, kidnappers and criminals who tried to kill me, in order to keep their secrets. I think I can handle a British mansion."

"Fine," Linda sighed. "I'll tell you what happened, but don't blame me if you get cursed!"

"Cursed?" Nancy asked.

"I was exploring a hidden passageway in the manor, when I found a plaque. There was a detailed curse written on it. I tried to laugh it off, but it was really unnerving. When I returned to my room, later that day, I found a note on my nightstand. On it was written the exact same curse."

"So you're feeling bad because someone cursed you," Nancy summarized. "Do you still have the piece of paper? I'd like to read it."

"I burned it and threw it away! I don't know why I'm telling you this. You can't help me!"

"Sure, I can," Nancy said. "Where's the hidden passageway? I want to see the cursed plaque."

"I won't tell you! I've already caused my own doom. I won't cause yours, too!"

"Then can you at least tell me what the curse said?" Nancy asked.

"The witch. The witch who lived here. She turned her husband into the Blackmoor Beast! She'll turn me into a monster, too! Nancy, you must escape before it's too late!"

"Linda, you're overreacting. Maybe it was just a prank."

"Prank nothing! This place is dangerous!" Linda said. "Go home, Nancy! Save yourself!"

Nancy decided it would be best if she didn't disturb Linda any further. She said goodbye and left the room quickly. Linda's being dramatic. There's nothing creepy here which is going to pop out at me.

On the other side of the door, waiting for Nancy, was a orange-haired woman with a ponytail. Nancy jumped in surprise. "Where did you come from?!" she gasped.

The woman smiled creepily. "Hello, Nancy. I am Ethel."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. I remember the chicken of death. She was quite angry.

Anonymous said...

I love the Beauty and the Beast references, Nigel Mookerjee is totally Cogsworth!

Anonymous said...

I think Ethel is the scariest part of the game. :P

Anonymous said...

Anonymous at 12:39, that is so funny! Ethel is creepy, she always pops out at you.