Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nancy Drew: The Deadly Plot Device

After eleven months, I've finally finished my parody of Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device.

I'm a little confused, as to the end of the game.  The very last thing we see is [Culprit] getting zapped by the Tesla coil.  I like the irony of the murder weapon hurting the murderer, but I have to wonder what happened after that.

I mean, if you think about it, Nancy is still trapped in a room with an active Tesla coil.  And now that [Culprit] is unconscious, there's no one who can go to the control room and deactivate the Tesla coil.  How did Nancy get out of that situation? Did the culprit wake up, crawl back to the control room, then turn off the Tesla coil?

I guess it's possible that the Tesla coil can be activated and deactivated remotely.  If so, why didn't [Culprit] use this feature when killing Niko?  That way, [Culprit] wouldn't have left behind incriminating video footage or the ID card record.  Maybe [Culprit] wanted to be there to witness the death firsthand, or maybe it only works when deactivating the coil. But if that's true, why didn't someone use this feature earlier, during the two "turn off the switches before the grid goes critical" puzzles?  Maybe "the grid" refers to a different deadly device.

5 comments:

Katie Nelson said...

I read a little of it Michael, it's awesome!
@Everyone:RANDOM SONG TIME; Dog goes woof, cat goes meow, bird goes tweet, and mouse goes squeak...cow goes moo, frog goes croak.., and the elephant goes toot...ducks go quack, and fish go blub, and seal goes ow ow ow, but theres one sound that no one knows...WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :D

Katie Nelson said...

lol typo ducks *SAY* quack...oopsies eh, doesn't matter, CUZ IM FUNNAY LIK DAT!!! :P

Rickrolla said...

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

CHORUS
Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see (CHORUS)

CHORUSCHORUS
(Ooh give you up)
(Ooh give you up)
(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give
(give you up)
(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give
(give you up)

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it (TO FRONT)

Breanna;) said...

You did a great job on it Michael.

I really enjoyed reading it! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, great job! I love when you write parodies of the Nancy Drew games! It's especially funny getting to see video version of it, like you did with Weirdness at Waverly Academy. I hope you do more stuff like that! You rock!