Friday, November 29, 2013

Evangelii Gaudium

Pope Francis has recently written a document entitled Evangelii Gaudium (The Joy of the Gospel).  Part of me wants to read and review it here on my blog, because otherwise, I'll probably never get around to reading it.  It's kind of...long.

Over 50,000 words, including the footnotes.

On the other hand, I still have a bunch of half-written notes for that "Proofs for the Existence of God" series I wrote in October.  How far did I get, about 40% through?  I should go back and finish that.

Readers, let me know what you think. I'll take your input into consideration while deciding which (if either) project I will work on.

5 comments:

Cupcake said...

Don't do either.

Anonymous said...

Well... I already know God exists, so I would be fine with either project.

But having said that, I do love your superly funny, well written, Nancy Drew fanfiction stories!
And I remember you mentioning in an earlier blog post that once you'd finished Deadly Plot Device, you might consider writing a Curse of Blackmoor Manor story. (Using your notes from the speedrun.)

If you feel like writing that -not that you have to, I'm not begging or anything- I have a couple ideas for a title;
Thirst of Blackmoor Manor
The Worst of Blackmoor Manor
The Curse of Blackmore Manor

If you were to choose the third title, you could have Nancy arrive at Blackmoor Manor... Right after she's played a Haunted Halls game!

And, ya' know, she'll think that blackmoor is a misspelling of blackmore, and will therefore think that she's seeing tentecles everywhere!

Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

I kind of like anonymous 116s idea of the curse of blakmore manor.

Anonymous said...

I’m Jewish, so I couldn’t care less if someone believed in Hashem or not. Jews do not believe only religious people are good people and/or will reach the world to come. We generally believe that it's your behavior/deeds that matter, not your beliefs. As such, we prefer people leave us and alone and by extension, we leave others alone. There’s an old saying in Judaism that, loosely translated, says, “It’s better to be a good non-believer, then a bad Jew.”

You’re welcome to appeal to what I can only assume is your mostly Christian based audience by asserting G-d does exist, but I personally see no value in it. I have no issue if someone doesn't believe in G-d.

Anonymous-ish said...

I think you should read and review the Evangelii Gaudium first if possible :3