Thursday, October 3, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. Thanks to everyone, who responded to my questions about digital cameras.

I'm about 99% sure that my parents don't care about camera quality, in terms of whether a picture was taken by an iPhone or a Canon. When they first got an HD TV, they spent about a month, complaining that they could not tell the difference between the HD channels and normal channels.  "They look exactly the same!"

2. Yesterday, a schoolteacher accused me of trying to make innocent people feel guilty. I find this to be a rather odd accusation.

After all, when I taught in school, none of my fourth graders ever felt bad for talking out of turn, disrupting class, not paying attention, etc.  They were guilty, and they felt perfectly innocent.  If I can't make guilty people admit their guilt, how am I supposed to make innocent people admit to false guilt?  But more importantly, why would I bother to do that?  What possible benefit could I get from deliberately causing psychological damage?

3. Yesterday, I bought a new pair of shoes, because I had a coupon.  This is the first time I bought shoes by myself, and I feel like an adult now. Let's celebrate the fact that I have two pairs of shoes with a song from one of the women who played Nancy Drew.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Now you are an adult because you have two pairs of shoes.

As apposed to me, a kid, who has many pairs of shoes but only wears two of them due to large feet.

GameOverTown said...

I remember reading your blog post a few years back asking us to help you with your teaching...

William D said...

-cheers- You got Shoes! On your own! :D Congrats!
On a perfectly serious note, I can't wait to start watching your scary game walkthroughs. But FIRST homework and a report o-o xD

GameOverTown said...

Yeah, congratulations, Michael!

William D said...

You know what, Forget the homework :D xD
I'll do that later xP

GameOverTown said...

Why did Michael upload Haunted Halls Twice?

Anonymous said...

@GameOverTown

I think he took Haunted Halls down that one day to put up that dual destinies demo instead. I was so bummed, because I was going to watch them later that day when I had time and they were gone, lol.

Anonymous said...

That teacher is messed up.

Anonymous said...

You're like thirty, and you finally feel adult now? That's about time!