Sunday, October 27, 2013

Buying Food

You know, I don't think I'm mature enough to make food purchasing decisions for myself.  Sure, I'm no longer in my "every meal is take-out pizza" phase, but my food decisions over the past year have not been the best.

For example, I haven't had breakfast in the past six months, because I don't know how to cook it.  I've tried to cook bacon and scrambled eggs, but both experiments failed.  It's easier for me just to sleep in and skip breakfast.

Someone bought me a thing of milk recently.  I should use the milk before it goes bad, so I went to the store to buy cereal.  My decision making process was something like this:  When I was a little kid, Mom didn't want to buy Cocoa Puffs because they cost too much.  So I deliberately bought Cocoa Puffs. Take that, Mom!

Clearly, I need a more responsible adult to be in charge of my food budget.  Maybe they could force me to eat more than one meal a day.  That could be good for my health.

8 comments:

GameOverTown said...

Maybe Nancy Drew could help you with your food desicions.

Nigel said...

You can make tea or coffee with a lot of milk so that it becomes very milky if you want to use it before it goes bad.

Make oatmeal or cream of wheat with milk and water instead of just hot water.

Oh, you can make french bread with milk! Haha i'd like to see that happen

GameOverTown said...

Who is tired of me making lame jokes on this blog?


By the way, Michael, was this the beta version of this blog?
http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/Arglefumph/

Girl in the sidelines said...

You could make sandwiches! They're easy to make! If you want more variety than just sandwiches, there are cooking videos on Youtube that could help you make something good in the kitchen!

Cupcake said...

Buy some oatmeal. All you have to do is add hot water to the powder mix.

Alexandra Winner said...

Hello Old Sport. When you bought the Cocoa Puffs you were experiencing a psychological aspect of human behavior known as reactance which occurs when a person feels like their freedom has been limited lol. I get that a lot from my mom too lolol. Anyway there are plenty of things that you can eat without using a baking oven or a stove. Do you have a microwave? I would be willing to tell you psychological techniques that would help you in this situation but I do not have my corresponding book with me. Just remember that the best psychologist is the one inside you. Sorry; I'm a psychology FREAK lolol.

GameOverTown said...

Did you see the.... maybe I should just email you for this question, Michael.

LaShawnda said...

I'm a nutritionist! I can give you some suggestions if you like.