- Alberta Pub—They had a nice elk burger. The elk tasted nice, thicker than normal beef. Sadly, this place was unprepared for demand, so they ran out of elk burgers in three hours. I was lucky enough to be one of the final four people to get burgers, which meant mine was smaller than it should have been. By the time I was 3/4 through, only bread remained.
- Widmer Brothers Gasthaus Pub—This was merely adequate, to be honest. They didn't have the cool sauce and stuff on top, presumably because they ran out. "They ran out" should be the theme of Burger Week. Either way, the burger was extremely juicy.
- TILT—This place is so remote from my house that I won't visit it again. Their deal was a huge burger with everything on it, including a third bun (like a Big Mac). It was good, but you couldn't taste anything with everything there.
- Foster Burger—They had a great Kimchi burger. A kimchisburger, which came with bacon. They were a little light on the kimchi, but the spicy sauce made up for it. I'd visit again easily, but it's not in the nicest area of town, and I don't like paying $3.50 for fries. What burger place charges that much extra for fries?
- Dick's Kitchen—This is a healthy food place. The burger was delicious, and easily a 9 out of 10. However, I'm going to take points off of the score, because it was small. It was, in fact, a slider-sized burger. And it was just one slider, too.
- Pause Burger—This place probably did the best out of the places that participated. All they did was take their normal, $10-12 burger and sell it for $5. This is opposed to other places, which made up a fancy burger for the event, only to run out of supplies quickly. The place with the venison burger completely ran out of stock on Day One and dropped out of the event.
- Skyline Burger—I didn't get their $5 burger. Instead, I got their monster burger, which is known as the Quadzilla. It's a four patty burger, and if you eat it in 30 minutes, it's free. I made decent headway, until patty #3. The mozzerella cheese was rancid, and I had to stop eating immediately. I think I could have eaten it all, if the burger had no vegetables and all good cheese.
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Portland Burger Week
This week was Portland Burger Week. Various places had a $5 burger for sale. It was great, because normally I'd never visit these expensive burger places.