Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Equestria Girls

Two months ago, I wrote about My Little Pony: Equestria Girls. The movie is well-animated, but it's not well-written.  It has plot holes everywhere, pacing issues, and they waste about half the movie, introducing the "new" characters who are not actually new in any way.

I recently remembered the original reports on this movie. The New York Times reported that the movie is a lead-in to a TV series of the same name. I don't trust The New York Times in general, and I haven't heard anything about the TV series since.

So...is the TV series actually happening, or what?  Please tell me it's not happening.

I'm not sure how the TV series would work in general.  The first problem is that the main character, Twilight, leaves the human world at the end of the movie.  How will you have a TV series, without the main character?  I guess they'd solve the problem by saying Twilight decided to return.  Or they could use her conveniently-absent-from-the-movie human counterpart.

The second problem is that spinoff is too similar to the main series.  The two shows would have the same main characters, who look and act the same in both series.  I don't think that would work.  I'd rather have something different from the main show, rather than more of the same.

Of course, that's what I said about the Nancy Drew Dossier spin-off series, but then it got bad reviews for being different than the origianl series.  I still liked it, though.

4 comments:

GameOverTown said...

I think they should stop thinking about this, and make a weekly Nancy Drew Mystery show, and they should let you be the narrator.

Breanna(; said...

I totally agree with the person above me that is an awesome idea!!!:) Plus I hope they don't make up a new t.v series about MY little pony. That show is kind of weird and the character designs are creepy!

Miriam said...

When I watched the movie, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I found it on YouTube and thought I'd watch the first couple of minutes to see what it was like, but I ended up watching the whole thing. There were definitely problems with it and I like the characters a lot better as ponies, but it was an interesting story. I don't want a TV series like that, though.. They should just stick to FiM. :)

Suzanne Klare said...

O look out Breeze I think Michael might be a brony XD