Monday, July 22, 2013

Curse of Blackmoor Manor

Yesterday, I ended the 2013 Scary Nancy Drew Games Marathon with Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor.  As a fun experiment, I tried to go through the game as long as possible, without going to the downstairs floor of the manor.

It turns out that you can play for at least an hour, before going downstairs. Really, the only reason to go downstairs is to access the secret passageways.  Mrs. Drake lets you get through Secret Passage #1, and Nigel gets you through Secret Passage #2.

I kind of want to do a speedrun for Curse of Blackmoor Manor now.  The game has about seven overarching puzzles, which can be done in any order.  I'd be interested in seeing which order is the ideal order.

I talked about a possible Curse speedrun twice before.  Is there any interest in me resuming this project?

14 comments:

Breanna(; said...

I would love to see you do a speedrun for both curse and blackmoor manor, that would be cool, because I love both of those games and I like to watch speedruns:)

Kuhna said...

Yes! I always enjoy a ND speedrun! Only if you want to do them, though, of course.

Anonymous said...

If you do a speedrun you should do it live again!

Anonymous said...

If you want to a speedrun, go right ahead! I always enjoy those.

Anonymous said...

You should do another speed run and do it live.

Anonymous said...

I think Michael wants to or he wouldn't have said anything guys!

William D said...

That would be a lot of fun to watch! If you want to do it live you can, but you obviously don't have to! It will be fun to see either way.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I love your speedruns! Please continue the project; we would all love to see it.

Anonymous said...

Considering CoBM is one of my favorite Nancy Drew Games, yes I would love to see a speedrun for it :)

Anonymous said...

Breanna(;, what other game are you talking about? Curse refers to Curse of Blackmoor Manor...

Kara said...

Yes....:) Haha sounds like I missed out on the fun while I was at work! :P

Breanna(; said...

I'm talking about the captive curse, is that what he's talking about, if it's not I'm sorry:)

Anonymous said...

He's only been talking about Curse of Blackmoor Manor. Captive Curse would only be CAP, Captive, or he would have specifically mentioned it, I think.

Breanna(; said...

Well again, I'm sorry. I was in a hurry, when I was reading his post and I got confused. So, sorry for the mix up.