Saturday, July 27, 2013

Blackmoor Manor Speedrun

Are you sick of blog posts about a Curse of Blackmoor Manor speedrun yet?  Well, too bad! I'm sure I can write about it for at least a week to come.

I played the first parts of the game.  Here are things I found out:
  • After you get the telescope lens from the Brigitte's block puzzle, you can ask Jane for the telescope.  Normally, you need to click on the telescope tripod to hear Nancy talk about it, but you can skip that.
  • The first time you go to Linda's door, you overhear a conversation between her and Hugh. You can skip this by going past her door, instead of zooming in on her door.
  • There are six variations of Nancy's first conversation with Linda.  The quickest way through the conversation is to pick the first option, then the second option.
  • When you call for food, order bangers and mash. It's the fastest food to order; the other three possibilities take two seconds longer to place an order.  Nancy will talk a bit when the food arrives, though, so maybe it's not so fast.
You need to skip ahead to the second day of the game, in order to get Linda to talk about the hidden passageways.  When you skip ahead a day, Nancy automatically wakes up at 3:15 AM, when there is spooky chanting.

This kind of screws up my speedrun strategy.  3:15 AM is the perfect time to go on a ghost hunt.  So I guess this means I'll do the ghost hunt early.  That's not too much of a problem, though.  I'll just have to juggle everything around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, no, I like when you talk about speed-running (Well, for ND at least) because it's fun learning how the games are set up and how they were intended to be played, as opposed to how they can be played. Kudos for your seemingly endless patience figuring all that out =P

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anonymous above me. I've been enjoying looking at your notes. I like the fact that the ND games are mostly non-linear, but at the same time, it's just awesome to see the order of events that HeR planned out. And seeing all your notes on what triggers what are just great! :)

Breanna(; said...

Nah, I love hearing about it!!!
You really are doing a great job:)

Sammy said...

You probably already know this, but there is a way to skip the nightmare sequence, and seeing Mrs. Drake put the charm on Linda's door. I had finished the game, and had no idea those two things ever happened, because I must have accidentally skipped them. But I have no idea how.