Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blackmoor Manor - Glowsticks

On Tuesday, I listed the challenges for the pillars in Curse of Blackmoor Manor, and on Wednesday I listed the challenges for the passageways in Curse of Blackmoor Manor.

I put the two lists together, and it's kind of messy.  Here are some places where the two challenges overlap:
  • Jane makes you play a game for both passageways and two pillars
  • You see Mrs. Drake for Passageway 1 and for the Cupid Pillar
  • Nigel has to be scared away for the Mercury Pillar, but he has to be there, for both times you work on the passageway puzzles
  • Nigel's typing challenge for Passageway 2 is the perfect time to do the Tempus Pillar's ghost hunt
Something which could be important are the glowsticks.  What makes the glowsticks die?

Normally, it takes two glowsticks to get through the game.  That means you solve Jane's glowstick puzzle (Petroglyph Punch) twice.  If there's a way to get through the game with only ONE glowstick, it'd be a timesaver.

The way I see it, there are two ways the glowsticks can work.  One, they automatically die when you enter a certain area, no matter what.  Two, they automatically die after a certain amount of time (real time or game time) passes.

So now I have to play through the game a few times, testing out the glowsticks and figuring out if there's a way to beat the game with a single glowstick.  Do any of you readers know how the glowsticks work?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure they're time based. I used to just wander around aimlessly in the passageways, never getting anywhere and they still die.

Miriam said...

I always try to get the glowy rock as quickly as I can, though if I remember correctly the glowy rock is in the center of the moving rooms and you can get through the rooms a lot faster without going to the center, so it might not be worth it to get the glowy rock at all. :|
(That wasn't very helpful, haha.)

Anonymous said...

I think it is some sort of time increment. When I played through the game I used MANY more than 2 glow sticks... I bet I went through 5 or 6 before I completed the game.

Spinnerack said...

@ Miriam: I think the glowy rock is actually in the biggish room where the East Passageway and the West Passageway meet. I think that the rock is in a compartment in the door?

There is indeed a rock in the middle of the glowing rooms, but it's just a compass thingy. :)

I'll play the game through today to see if it's possible to use one glowstick. As people have said, the glowsticks are quite likely time based. But I'm not quite sure about the first one, as I suspect its dying might be triggered by event... :)

Spinnerack said...

*edit* Not glowing rooms! I meant moving rooms. ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know how it works, but I always go through the game with only one glowstick. No idea how though.

Michael Mills said...

i buy my Glowsticks /Knicklichter here
http://www.wapapene.com/partyartikel-shop/de1/knicklicht.html it is cheap and fast delivery.