Thursday, June 13, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. So, um, popular music.  Do I actually have any effect or choice whatsoever, in determining what songs are popular?  Or does that all get decided for me?

2. When is the United States Supreme Court scheduled to hand down its sentences on the various cases it heard?  Everyone is anxious to hear what the verdict is on gay marriage, and I'm anxious to know what will happen with health care.

I certainly would like health care, provided that it doesn't cost more than I can afford, and provided that I don't have to pay for abortions.

3. I recorded six videos of the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker run, but there are bad technical difficulties.  I'm not sure what's wrong.  I think my recording equipment hates the game fiercely, for not being in widescreen.

Right now, the video gets messed up, whenever the camera angle changes.  If the camera stays in the same place, everything is fine.  So, as long as Link doesn't go anywhere or do anything, the game's footage will be perfect.

Yeah...I'm not sure what to do about this.  Maybe I should just forget the walkthrough.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a republican! Abortion is not good! I am curious like you!

-Lee

Suzanne Klare said...

1. Songs being popular, doesn't mean you have to like them.
2. Let's just hope you'll be rational and you (and your girlfriend) won't be needing free abortions.
3.NO! PLEASE GO ON WITH THE ZELDA WALKTHROUGHS! I'm sure you'll figure something out :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe if the recording problem persists you could play a different Zelda game. Maybe do Twilight Princess after all, or the Oracle games like you wanted.

Anonymous said...

As a diabetic, I'm very worried about the future of health care in this country. I may be moving to Oh Canada in the future (yes, I am for universal healthcare).

As far as abortion goes, I see both sides. I certainly do not support it as a "cop out," but there instances in which a woman cannot simply "just put it up for adoption." However since this has to be a black and white issue, I am pro-choice for the purpose of having safe operations available to women who need it. (Also, it would be great if those fake clinics could be shut down - the ones in which the woman's clothes are taken and they get lectured on morality. I think there's some in Kentucky if you wanna research)

I think popular music is called popular music because there isn't really another name for it. Sure, pop dominates music charts, but I think that's because it's what mostly gets played on the radio. Back in the 40s when there was like one genre, it was still called popular music, but now there are too many genres to count! I don't really care for pop as a whole.

I have no opinion of the Zelda walkthroughs! :)

Jen said...

Yay for me living in Canada, where we already have healthcare plans!

Sammy said...

Glad you're pro-life Michael. I don't know all your political views, but from what I can tell, I agree with a lot of what you say. :) ~Samantha

William D said...

Ok, if that doesn't work, do Skyward Sword. There are already to many walkthroughs for Twilight Princess. :/

Diana said...

Thank you Michael!
You've expressed an opinion on a controversial topic (that you've brought up) and not just danced around what you think. I appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

If you pay taxes aren't you already paying for abortions? I mean many abortion clinics are federally funded aren't they? Like planned parent hood? ...

Besides, like Suzanne said, from what I know about you I doubt an abortion will ever be something you have to think about.

Do you consider yourself a glass half empty or glass half full person?

Anonymous said...

Personally, I am pro-choice. I also (as anon @ 10:24 stated) do not see it as a 'cop-out', but I do feel that there are situations in which abortion is definitely a good thing (rape victims, etc.) and asking a woman to carry around a child is asking too much. I do not agree with telling women what they can and can not do with their own bodies. It is, bottom line, their decision; they're the ones who will be carrying the child for 9-months, and giving birth to it later. I understand not wanting to pay for it, but you pay for all the other conditions you don't have, too. I just don't understand the morality behind this pro-life movement. I'm not trying to be rude, but I am quite honestly struggling a bit to understand it.