Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Frozen Trailer

Yesterday, Disney released the first trailer for Frozen, which is coming out this year.



The movie is based on the fairy tale called The Snow Queen.  You can't tell that from the trailer, which features absolutely no queens, Dutch children or evil mirrors.  It does have some snow, though.

Question: Are any of you readers familiar with The Snow Queen?

I can summarize the story for you, if you want.  It's about a young boy who is corrupted by a demon-made mirror.  The Snow Queen kidnaps him and taks him to Finland.  His next door neighbor goes searching for him, and she has minor adventures.  Eventually, she finds him, and she warms his heart with a song about the Baby Jesus.  Then they go home.

I'd have to read the story again, to give you more details.  I'm fairly certain that Disney will not include the plotline about Jesus Christ's power overcoming the demon's influence.  I'm guessing that the movie will have true love's first kiss as the thing which melts his frozen heart, even though they're both, like, eight years old.  Or maybe the goofy snowman in the trailer will save the day.  It's hard to tell what happens in the movie at this point.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm familiar with a different version of the snow queen, actually, in which the girl saves her friend or neighbor or whoever he is by putting a shattered mirror back together or something... I don't know, it was kind of confusing, I was really young when I read it.

Sammy said...

I'm really looking forward to this movie. I guess I assumed that it would be another Princess movie, but after watching this clip, I'm not sure. But I know it will be good. I've been waiting for this movie since I first heard about it last year. I'm excited, because I'm going to Disneyland right around the time the movie is coming out. I like to go there when a good movie is coming out. I'm sure Monsters University is going to be great, but I don't really want to go to Disney when that is the main theme.
~Samantha

Elentarien said...

I think in the original story she was 'delayed' so long on her journey that they actually grew up. Although. . .he was a prisoner for all those years, so what kind of adult would he have been, I ask you? But anyway. . .

The trailer was actually kind of funny - though first a horse, now a reindeer WHAT is with making the big hooved animals act like dogs????

*ahem* But it was a strange trailer. Didn't actually tell you anything about the movie. It was just. . .a 'joke' scene. There was no summarization of what you could look forward to. Weird.

William D said...

To Elentaruen: I believe that was actually a moose.
That trailer was rather amusing. At first I just watched it, feeling dumbfounded, but then I couldn't help but grin a little. :P it was cute. And the part at the end where his blew off instead of his nose XD LOL

Diana Gray said...

I'm familiar with the original version of the fairy tale, but it's been a while since I read it. I highly doubt much of it will be used by Disney... Still, looks like a cute movie.

Anonymous said...

I used to love Disney... but after much reflection I can't stand it. Every time I see anything related to Disney I have to remember all the new things I've learned about it... and it's terrible. Anyway, for some reason I thought that was important enough to write about... so uh, bye.