Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Thornton Hall Hauntings

I have a follow-up to last week's post about the haunting scenes in Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall.  I managed to get all the hauntings recorded, except for two. No matter what I do, these hauntings don't happen.

1. Blurry images of people in the parlor
2. Shadow when leaving the parlor to the hall

---

EDIT: I went through the video files for the game, which conveniently have all the parlor scares listed as "PAR_Scare02", "PAR_Scare03", "PAR_Scare04" and so on.  I watched all the parlor videos, and it turns out that Haunting #2 listed above...doesn't really exist. Not in the video files I saw.

I managed to record the first haunting, from the video file itself. It'll look weird, because it won't have the inventory and stuff at the bottom of the screen, but it's the best I can do. Fortunately, I was able to find the matching audio file (PAR_AScare_SFX), so at least the audio and video will sync up properly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always get the blurry images in the parlor after I get the second note (the one with the portraits) and go in the parlor.

L said...

Thanks for doing that video! I have seen both of those hauntings. I'm not sure what triggers them though.

Bleeding Hearts said...

yes. For some reason, the blurry images happen every time I open the door.

Miriam said...

I think the second one may have the parlor confused with the...workshop place? I don't really know what to call it, but the room other than the parlor that you can access downstairs. There's a freaky shadow man in front of the door when you open it sometimes, but I've never seen a shadow as I leave the parlor. :)

William D said...

What is your favorite haunting scene, Michael? Mine is when Charlotte is in the ruins and she burns up. (I dont like it HAHAHA I like because it was true to what happened to her!)

belle_lover said...

In the two times I've played this game, I got the blurry people when entering the parlor to get the thing Addison dropped under the floorboards. I don't know exactly what triggers it, but for me, there was a correlation.

Anonymous said...

I never had a problem getting the blurry images in the parlor. On the other hand, I do not think the shadow outside the parlor really exists, I have never seen it.