Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Deadly Plot Device: Chapter One

Yesterday, I mentioned a Nancy Drew story that I'm writing. It's another parody story, like Weirdness at Waverly Academy and Secrets Can Chill.  This one is based on Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device.

---

Dear Dad,

Is it kind of weird that I'm always writing letters to you, even though we live in the same house? I think that's kind of weird.

Anyway, the wealthy owner of a research facility in Colorado has asked me to investigate a cold murder case. It seems that Niko Jovic, a brilliant researcher, was killed while on the verge of announcing a groundbreaking scientific theory.

The murder weapon? A Tesla coil that Niko was working with. I don't know who this Tesla guy is, but he's at the top of my suspect list now.

I'm calling this case "The Deadly Plot Device". See you soon.

Nancy.

9 comments:

Suzanne Klare said...

Wait a second, are you going to finish dat Menry story you put in your previous post? This is also a great story, but I'm sure they're people who would want to know more about Menry!

Jen said...

The first line is a killer, Michael! I think it *is* weird, too.

Anonymous said...

Great title!!! What's going to happen Menry?

Anonymous said...

I believe that in the books, Nancy's dad was usually away for a case. How else do you think she gets all these contacts?

Anonymous said...

LOL My top suspect is Tesla >_< HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! Check your history Nancy Drew :/ Any way, I hope you continue this story! Please do more live play-throughs.

Sincerely,
Your Devoted Fan.

Monica said...

I am excited for more! Can you finish the Menry story please, that sounds amazing!?

Anonymous said...

I guess the DED story is easier to do because all Michael has to do is turn it into a parody/sketch, while Menry would have to be written from scratch.

Anonymous said...

This made my day!

Bleeding Hearts said...

I love your fanfictions. So cool. *gushes*.

Just a random thought but wouldn't Ryan Kilpatrick and Rentaro make a good couple?