Monday, May 20, 2013

Superman

I know I've got about fourteen comments to respond to, in my recent series about Catholicism, but let's take a break from that this week, okay?

They've got a new Superman movie coming out.  I must admit that I know little-to-nothing about the modern Superman comics.  I'm more familiar with the 1940's Superman.

From what I can tell, the modern Superman movies all featured Lex Luthor as the main villain.  Maybe that's why those movies haven't done so well.  Personally speaking, I don't think Lex Luthor is a very interesting villain; I haven't seen any storylines with him that were engaging.  Other people have a problem seeing Lex as a villain, because he was such a sympathetic character on Smallville.

Well, Lex isn't going to be in the new Superman movie.  Instead, the main villain is going to be General Zod.  Zod wasn't in the 1940's Superman, so I know nothing about this character.

It's probably a good movie to have a new villain in this movie.  The Spider-Man and Batman movie series have a new bad guy every movie, right?  Maybe they could continue this trend, and the next movie will be Superman VS Mister Mxyzptlk.  I would absolutely see that movie.

12 comments:

Suzanne Klare said...

I saw the trailer for the new superman movie. I think I'm going to like it. It isn't all action, it also tells about superman's past, in the dramatic way we haven't seen many times (I guess we haven't seen ever). I don't know much about general Zod, either, but I have a feeling he's going to be a horrible bad guy (as in: he's good at being a horrible villain). I'm rambling, aren't I?

Sammy said...

I don't think I'll be seeing this movie. I have never been a superman fan. I do love the Marvel Movies, and would watch Iron Man any day. But I don't know...I've never found an interest in Superman. Maybe it's because my brother was obsessed about eight years ago, so I got sick of it.

Anonymous said...

This movie sounds......... interesting.

Anonymous said...

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0047/0047_01.asp

Please do me a favor and read this.God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Lol my friend's dogs' name is zod!

Bleeding Hearts said...

Hey Micheal, no one is reading my blog so could you please read it? I FEEL SO ALONE!!!!

http://randomnessforeverman.blogspot.com/

The Red Wolf said...

I LOVE Superman especially Christopher Reeve's version, Tom Welling's and definitely Brandon Routh's, (the last one), but when I heard they were making ANOTHER one... I am so sick of them rebooting all these superhero characters. They don't even WAIT for the new one to sink in.

Stephan rose said...

General Zod? "KNEELLLL!!!"

Anonymous said...

Not all the Superman movies feature Lex Luthor as the main villain. In Superman II, General Zod was the main villain.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Michael! As a little kid to now (tween) I've only watched those old Superman shows. As in the cartoon that was drawn by hand and random black lines that shot through the screen every five minutes. It's weird, but when it comes to TV cartoons, I prefer the older ones. Now people come up with weird ones.
I miss the days when silly violence was allowed. (Example: getting hit on the head with a wood plank, then getting those massive bruises)

Michael, if you actually took the time to read my very long comment, thank you so much! You are like...

Ok, girls crush on famous guys and think they're awesome. To me, you are my famous person. I don't worship you, as both of us know that is against The Ten Commandments.

I'm done! No more boring ramblings! Thank you for reading.

-Lee

Anonymous said...

^^

It took about 15 minutes to write that. Whoa.

-Lee

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mxyzptlk would be so cool to see on screen. They ought to be able to do his character with the modern tech in special effects.