When I think about it, the ending to Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse makes no sense. For those of you who don't remember that game, here's what happens:
[Culprit] kidnaps Lukas and locks him up in the dungeon. Nancy frees Lukas, and he leaves the dungeon. The door automatically locks behind Lukas when he leaves, which means Nancy is trapped inside.
[Culprit] then knocks Nancy unconscious with one punch. [Culprit] throws Nancy into a pit. Nancy manages to escape the pit, and she returns to the dungeon. At this point, [Culprit] appears and talks to Nancy. While [Culprit] gives a villanous monologue, Nancy opens the door to the pit and traps [Culprit] inside. The end.
There are so many questions I have about this. Let's tackle them in the order they occur.
1. Why did [Culprit] lock Lukas in the dungeon? It's not like Lukas poses a major threat to the monster, or anything. My best guess is that [Culprit] wanted to lure Nancy down to the dungeons, but that's kind of iffy.
2. Why did the door automatically lock behind Lukas? Did the culprit somehow lock it, after Nancy went inside? How? It's not like that door has a key. Why couldn't Lukas unlock the door?
3. Where was [Culprit] while Nancy freed Lukas? Judging from where Nancy gets knocked unconscious, [Culprit] entered the dungeon from the hidden passageways. But if that's true, it would have been impossible for [Culprit] to manipulate the doorway on the other side of the dungeon.
4. Why does [Culprit] knock Nancy unconscious, then throw her in a pit? As [Culprit] later explains in the monologue, the plan was to kill Nancy, because she is the girl in the dress. Why didn't [Culprit] kill Nancy right away?
5. Why is [Culprit] completely unsurprised, when Nancy escapes the pit? You think [Culprit] would at least show some emotion at seeing Nancy again.
6. Why is [Culprit] still wearing the monster costume and hanging around in the dungeon? There is nothing there for [Culprit] to do.
7. Many people have wondered about the fact that Nancy defeats the culprit, by trapping [Culprit] in the pit. After all, Nancy just escaped from that pit, no less than a minute ago. It's clearly not a safe place to hold someone captive.
8. Speaking of "captive", why is the game called "The Captive Curse"? What is this curse, and what does it have to do with captivity? I thought the game was about a monster who kidnaps women.