Friday, May 24, 2013

Nancy Drew Walkthroughs

My official video walkthrough for Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall is currently being uploaded to Youtube.  The next step is to write a text walkthrough, for GameFAQs.

But...

I want to finish work on my Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull speedrun.  My speedrun-strategy for the game is about 80% complete.  I need to chart out the final 20%, do a test run to make sure everything is okay, then record the official speedrun.  I think I can beat the game in under an hour, if I'm lucky.

I'm also interested in doing a speedrun for Ghost of Thornton Hall.  The new "quick convo" feature is perfect for speedrunning.

Another thing I wouldn't mind doing is a continuation of the 2013 Scary Nancy Drew Games marathon, with the earlier scary games in the series (Message in a Haunted Mansion, Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake and Curse of Blackmoor Manor).  I think I know a way to livestream the game and get them on Youtube, although there will certainly be a drop in quality.

I'm not sure which Nancy Drew project to tackle first.  Thornton Hall walkthrough?  Thornton Hall speedrun?  Crystal Skull speedrun?  More scary games livesteams?  Which one do you readers want to see?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think of The Silent Spy? I think it will be a good game.

-Lee

Anonymous said...

Omg yes another scary games livestream! :D
But I'm interested in seeing the rest of the Thornton Hall walkthrough videos first.

Shainnen Somerville said...

Do whatever pleases you Michael(: Although, I will say that I'm happy your getting back in the swing of Nancy Drew. I will ask one question, if you can do it? After your done with your to-do list, can you go back to certain games and make easter egg videos? For the ones you never did. Can't wait to see more on your channel(:

Anonymous said...

Speeeeeeed Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuns Please Michael PLEASEEEEE :O I Loved those so MUCH :D

L said...

I vote for the Ghost of Thornton Hall walkthrough. =D Do you think you could do a compilation video of all the hauntings? There's a list here that someone made of all of them:
http://community.herinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=1287796

Anonymous said...

Do whatever you want first, but I would really like to know your opinion on the next Nancy Drew Game: The Silent Spy.

Sammy said...

I was on your GameFAQs page, and I noticed that you don't have a Danger on Deception Island text walkthrough. Or if you do, I can't find it. But I can't wait for your text walkthrough for GTH. Yours are my favorite, because it isn't just instruction. They are more conversational. ~Samantha

Balin said...

I'm still hoping to see a video walkthrough for Curse of Blackmoor Manor DVD.

Anonymous said...

Live streem!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like a speedrun, but for Europeans. You are worldwide famous Michael!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for the scary game live stream!

Anonymous said...

Livestreams are the best michael!! I just grab popcorn and enjoy!! You are so funny and I love how you answer the comments while you play!! AMAZING