Thursday, April 18, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. I saw an advertisement for Kickboxer 3: The Art of War, a direct-to-video movie made in 1992.  It's not a good movie, but the suggested retail price for it was $89.98.

That was overpriced in the 1990's, and it's overpriced today.  Who made that suggestion?

2. When I was in school, I took history classes.  I'm told that kids no longer study history; instead, they have social studies.

What's social about social studies?

3. By now, I have passed over 30,000,000 views on Youtube.  All right!

7 comments:

Emily said...

I had "social studies" when I was a kid. Best I can figure is that's a nice way of saying you're learning history and geography at the same time, because that's about all we covered in that class.

In high school, you could count stuff like psychology as a social studies class though, so I guess technically it's anything in the social science family.

Anonymous said...

Social studies is social sciences like history, geography, political science, economics, and sociology all rolled into one class.

Anonymous said...

Yes, "social studies" is about the study of society.

Ali said...

Huh...they should just call it 'studies'...

Breanna(; said...

Thats awesome congrats on all of the views michael!!!(:

Anonymous said...

I take Social Studies... With my teacher there is NOTHING social about it

Anonymous said...

a about a 100,000 are from me :) and when i was a freshmen in high school it was two tri mesters taking "social studies" and then "civix" then then tenth grade it was world history, 11th was us history and then my senior year was economics and poltic science. not very fun. now in college is just plain history