Saturday, April 13, 2013

Nancy Drew Marathon

I read everyone's responses, and it seems that this is the list of scary Nancy Drew games.  Included with each game is the time it took me to beat it:
  • #3: Message in a Haunted Mansion (2:10)
  • #7: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake (2:40)
  • #12: Curse of Blackmoor Manor (3:15)
  • #17: Legend of the Crystal Skull (2:40)
  • #19: Haunting of Castle Malloy (3:30)
  • #23: Shadow at the Water's Edge (6:10)
  • #24: The Captive Curse (4:30)

Adding those up, it took about 25 hours combined, for me to beat those seven games.  That's a long time, if I try to do a marathon of all those games.

I should probably note that the only games on the list which I currently own are Shadow at the Water's Edge and Haunting of Castle Malloy.

I should also probably note that it's harder for me to record the first three games on the list.  Those games all run in fullscreen, and they can't run on windowed mode.  My new recording equipment only likes games that can run in windowed mode.  Computers are weird like that, sometimes.

So...I'm not sure where to go from here.  Should I try to go forward with the marathon, should I only pick a few games from the list to play, or should I...I dunno, what do you think?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say...MARATHON!!!! :D
But whatever works best for you lol

Suzanne Klare said...

Better SOME scary games that none scary games. It would be kind of a loss if you wouldn't do the marathon because you can't do all of them. I mean, a two-game marathon wouldn't be a super long marathon, but its SOMETHING! At least, that's my opinion.

Amy M. said...

I habe BB Flashback Recorder that can let you record full screen. I haven't tried recording the older games but I have recorded newer games (25 and up)

Anonymous said...

do whats easiest for you!

Anonymous said...

You can start with SAW and HAU since you have them and I think they work windowed. Then rent/buy/borrow others that can be windowed like CRY and CAP and then we'll see. If in the meantime you find a solution for the recording issue that's ok, If not, 4 games can be considered a marathon too. :) Hope I helped.

Anonymous said...

i think u should just do the maraton next year that would be great!!!!!! but if u cant o well.

Anonymous said...

Micheal, Hey. All of your fans are going through Nancy Drew Withdrawls while we wait for the new game. I have been watching your old walkthroughs to get my fix. What we need is Arglefumph playing any Nancy Drew game he can. With new, fun, hilarious comentary. The coments you make while playing the game are what makes you #1. So play any game you feel like playing, and your fans Will watch. Please! Please play one soon.

Anonymous said...

Whatever doesnt cause you stress

Miriam said...

Your local library could have some of the other games you don't have, or maybe a GameStop nearby has one of those bundles of multiple games for the price of one.
Just do whatever would work best for you. After all, you're entertaining us out of the goodness of your heart, so we really shouldn't complain about anything you choose. :)

Anonymous said...

Try to record a few minutes footage, then, if it didn't work - cross off the first three games. This is the best solution.

Stephanie said...

Just play the ones you can record. And be entertaining as always! Even though MHM is my favorite...

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!! I LOVE your walkthrough videos! If your looking for ND games check out Target or Amazon (Which is cheaper).

Elentarien said...

Wow, a marathon like that'd take ages. On the other hand, if you can go through the games in an hour or two. . .you could probably still get through all 30 or so in a couple months. For the ones that only take two or so hours, thats only an hour for two days. Thats not too bad. But yeah, its definitely a case of what you actually *WANT* to do. Its your time.

If, however, you're just going through ND withdrawal. . .have you seen the Hardy Boys Nancy Drew series from the 70s? You can find them all on Youtube. They're kinda tacky, and they change the Nancy/Ned thing AGAIN (poor Ned is so often such a wimpy character!), and George is more a fraidy cat - and there is no Bess. But all in all they are rather interesting. Typical mysteries for both the HB and ND. What gets me, is how close *that* ND sounds like the ND in the games! Not exact, of course, but her voice, her speech patterns. . .very similar. In a couple cases I've had to play it back to make sure I'm not watching a game. lol

Anonymous said...

thanks for share..