Friday, March 22, 2013

Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill (Chapter 24)

Here is Chapter 24 of my fanfic, Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill. It's the final chapter!

---

Dear Dad,

The police managed to show up and arrest Uncle Steve. Let's not invite him to the next family reunion, okay?

I met the real Detective Beech. He wasn't too happy to learn that someone had stolen his identity. The trial hasn't come up yet, but I imagine Fake Beech will spend a long time in jail, just like Mitch Dillon.

As for the people at the school, the Hulk decided to bench himself for two months, until his ribs healed. He still spends all of his time, standing in the corner of the gym. He claims that he's keeping himself in shape by practicing with his football, but I'm not so sure.

Daryl Gray apologized to his father for stealing classified government information, then selling it to a murderer. As a result of his misdeeds, Daryl has been grounded until he graduates from college. As part of his punishment, he has been forbidden from going on dates with girls. In other words, nothing much has changed for him.

Hal Tanaka came clean about the essay he plagiarized. He failed his class, but he still got a scholarship for medical school, so he seems pretty happy. He says he can't wait to visit his family in Japan over the summer, as long as he can "avoid the crazy pink bento lady". I have no idea who he's talking about.

Connie Watson became a one-woman crime fighter, when she started using her judo skills to stop students from misbehaving in the halls. With her as the Hall Monitor, nobody will dare to break the rules or set off the soda machine alarm again.

Aunt Eloise is still happy with her job as the school librarian. She recently put in an order for a lot of books by some woman named Carolyn Keene. She's really excited about it, although I'm not sure why.

Anyway, it seems like everything is back to normal at Paseo Del Mar, so it's a job well done for me! I'm going to hitchhike back to River Heights, so this letter will probably arrive before I do. See you soon!

Love,
Nancy


PS. Would it kill you to call me sometime? I'm the only person I know who contacts her father exclusively through letters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your Secrets Can Chill. The referense to Keene and Yumi from The Shadow at the Water's Edge is a nice touch. I hope you keep writing stories like this one.

Great Work!

Anonymous said...

Me too! I agree(:

Breanna(; said...

Thanks michael for writing secrets can chill. I really enjoyed reading it. You did a great job!!!