Sunday, March 17, 2013

Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill (Chapter 19)

Here is Chapter 19 of my fanfic, Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill. Today, Nancy confronts two of the suspects.

---

It was getting close to the end of the game, so Nancy decided it would be best to talk to all the various people before solving the final puzzles.

First up was Connie Watson. "Hey, Connie!" Nancy said. "I learned that you're the masked competitor who won the male judo competition."

Connie stared hard at Nancy, then nodded. "Yes," she said. "That was me. I know it was against the rules, but I'm proud of what I did. Girls shouldn't be excluded from sports, just because certain people think they're less athletic than boys."

"Good for you," Nancy said. "But more importantly, Jake was blackmailing you about this, wasn't he?"

"Yes," Connie sighed. "He made me break up with Daryl and go out with him. Like I told you earlier, he was a total creep!"

"Did you kill him?" Nancy asked.

"No!" Connie said.

"Whoever killed him beat him up pretty badly," Nancy said. "A judo champion would have little trouble beating up another person."

"I did not kill Jake!" Connie said. "I hated him, and I made no secrets about it, but I didn't kill him!"

Nancy gave Connie a suspicious look. "I hope you made no secrets about it, because secrets can kill."

Nancy moved on to the room with Hal Tanaka. "Hal, I found the video footage of you copying that essay," Nancy said. "Jake hid it in the boiler room."

"Thank goodness," Hal said. "This is a huge relief for me. Did you destroy the tape?"

"No way," Nancy said. "It's evidence that Jake was up to no good. Do you know what this means?"

"The police will want to see it?" Hal guessed.

"No, it means I can blackmail Jake!" Nancy said. "Blackmailing the blackmailer! It's a genius plan!"

"You can't blackmail Jake," Hal said. "He's dead."

Nancy nodded solemnly. "Yes, Jake was killed by someone he blackmailed," she said. "I guess the moral of this story is that secrets can kill."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank u for posting an other chapter. also that was so funny.

Breanna(; said...

Yeah i don't think it would do nancy any good to blackmail someone thats dead either:D