Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill (Chapter 17)

Here is Chapter 17 of my fanfic, Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill. Today, Nancy gets a mysterious message.

---

"I think the real killer is Mitch Dillon," Nancy said. "He called me and threatened me."

"Interesting..." Detective Beech said. He took a sip of coffee. "Mitch's name came up in the course of our investigation, but we couldn't find any solid evidence. I wonder how he learned you're on the case."

"I don't know, but he sounded deadly serious," Nancy said. "What if he comes after me?"

"You let us worry about Mitch Dillon," Beech said. "You just focus on finding Jake's notebook."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're more concerned about finding that notebook than solving the murder," Nancy said.

"I told you already, the police suspect that Jake was involved in selling drugs," Detective Beech said. "If we get his notebook with all of his contacts inside, we could bust a major drug ring! We need that notebook!"

"Fine, fine, I get the picture," Nancy said. She got up and walked out of the diner.

"Nancy, wait!" a voice cried.

Nancy turned around to see Daryl at the counter, waving his hands. "What is it you want now, Daryl?" she asked.

"I got something for you," Daryl said.

Nancy walked to the counter. "This better not be a trick..." she said warningly.

"It's not!" Daryl said. "Sheesh, you're just as uptight as your uncle!"

Nancy cast a side glance towards Detective Beech. "Uncle Steve?"

"The other week, he lost a notebook or something," Daryl said. "He freaked out. Started screaming at everyone here. Anyway, someone left this for you."

Daryl slid an envelope across the counter. It had NANCY DREW written on top. It also had Mitch Dillon's business address printed in the upper/left corner. Nancy opened the letter and read it.

I have the key to your mystery. Meet me in the boiler room, under the school. TELL NO ONE.

"Well, that's certainly an ominous letter," Nancy said. "But I guess I don't have a choice."

"A choice about what, Babe?" Daryl asked.

"Don't call me that," Nancy ordered. "I have a boyfriend, and he's not you."

"That's what all the girls say," Daryl pouted.

2 comments:

Breanna said...

Daryl is just not getting the message.

Anonymous said...

I agree