Saturday, March 23, 2013

Conscience

Lately, I have been worrying a lot about the conscience.  There are a lot of lawsuits and legal discussion in the United States right now, on the topic of conscience rights.  What worries me are two types of people.

First, there are people who say that the conscience is irrelevant or non-existent.  These people are in favor of eliminating all conscience rights.  Generally, these people tend to do evil things, and I suspect they want to eliminate all forms of conscience, because their own consciences condemn them.

On the other hand, there are people who say that the conscience is of extreme importance.  These people are in favor of allowing all conscience rights.  This is good, because humans can direct themselves towards goodness, only in freedom.  However, I've noticed these people often include evil things, on the list of rights the conscience allows.  This implies that they are not using the conscience correctly, but they are using it as an excuse to justify evil actions.

I wonder which of these two groups is more dangerous.

4 comments:

Amelicanianopolitopianthesaurexoporia said...

That's very insightful, Mike. (If I may call you that.) What are your thoughts on the situation?

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but for the first time ya kinda lost me. I get that too many people don't seem to have a conscience anymore. Are they actually going to court about conscience rights?
don't watch news ass much as I used to because it is depressing. Mainly because people have no conscience anymore.

Evil Conscienceless Nautilus said...

...Seriously? People who you disagree with are "evil" and out to take away your freedoms?

Sorry, boss. You've said some things I've disagreed with before, but this holier-than-thou victim routine is seriously gross.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Michael!!!! I am so glad that someone has spoken up about things like the conscience. It seems like people don't seem to know the difference between right and wrong anymore. But God gave us our conscience and we have to protect our conscience rights. So I totally know where you are coming from. Continue to speak up for God!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:) God Bless you!!!:)