Here are my thoughts on watching it for the second time:
- The reporter in this movie had a really familiar voice, and it took me a few minutes to realize that he's played by the guy who does Kent Brockman on The Simpsons.
- Godzilla is really, really good at dodging in this movie. He dodges missiles and torpedos, like it's nothing. For such a big target, he's deceptively hard to hit.
- Is there a reason nobody bothered to check if Godzilla was really dead? I mean, it's a monster movie. You always want to make sure the monster is dead.
- As the movie goes on, the politicians get involved. First, they bring in the Mayor of New York. Then, then they bring in the Governor. Then, they bring in...no one else. Was the President on vacation at the time, or did he just not care about New York?
- Some of the reviews I'm seeing for this movie are unnecessarily harsh. It's a Godzilla movie; of course it doesn't have a plot much deeper than "a giant monster attacks New York". Were you honestly expecting this movie to rival Hamlet in its complexity?