Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill (Chapter 8)

Here is Chapter 8  of my fanfic, Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill. Today, Nancy meets Connie.

---

The hall monitor in the study area was a somewhat short girl with reddish-brown hair. She was wearing a pink shirt, and she had a golden medallion around her neck. On the medallion was a foreign-looking letter that Nancy didn't recognize.

"Hi, I'm Connie," the hall monitor said. "You're not from around here, are you?"

"How did you know?" Nancy asked.

"I have every student in this entire school memorized," Connie said. "I have a lot of free time. Things around here are usually quiet and boring."

"That must be nice," Nancy said.

"Of course, now things are totally out of control," Connie said. "Somebody was killed last night, and all the students are worried."

"Who was killed?" Nancy asked.

"Oh, just this wannabe stud named Jake Rogers," Connie said, in a dismissive voice. "He was a total creep! Nobody liked him!"

Connie waved her hand at Nancy. "I gotta go now," she said. "Later."

Connie then leaned back in her chair. Nancy looked around, confused.

"Aren't you going to go somewhere?" she asked.

"No. Why?" Connie asked.

"Because—ah, never mind," Nancy said. "Can you tell me more about Jake Rogers?"

"No," Connie said. "I tried my best to avoid him whenever possible. All the guys at this school are slimeballs, but Jake was the worst of the bunch."

"All of the guys are slimeballs?" Nancy asked, disappointed. If none of the guys were good, she would have a hard time finding a date for the Paseo Del Mar Homecoming Dance.

"Well, maybe not all of them," Connie allowed. "Daryl Gray seems nice. I wish I knew him better."

"Hey, wait a second," Nancy said, putting two and two together. "Daryl got a letter from a girl named Connie, saying that she had to break off their date for the Sadie Hawkins Dance."

Connie looked upset. "That's right," she said.

"And Connie, you just said you know every student in the school," Nancy said. "So, do you know who Connie is?"

Connie stared blankly at Nancy. "It's me," she said finally. "I sent Daryl that letter. I don't want to talk about it."

"But you were just saying you'd like to get to know—"

"It's complicated," Connie sighed. "I said I don't want to talk about it."

Nancy noticed for the first time that Connie had rather large muscles, so Nancy decided to slowly back away. She tripped over her shoelaces and smashed against the soda machine behind her.

*BWWAAAAP! BWWAAAAP!* went the soda machine.

"I didn't do it!" Nancy said automatically. "It wasn't me!"

"You set off the soda machine alarm," Connie said. "Don't worry; it happens all the time. I'll turn it off for you."

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hello! I love your fanfics Michael - you have much creative talent!

2NancyDrew said...

another great chapter, Michael now ill "paitently" await for chapter 9!

Anonymous said...

thanks for share.