Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Road Trip (Part 23): Albuquerque

The next day of my road trip, I went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.  That's a huge event, where dozens of hot air balloons go off, over the course of a few hours.  It is completely sepctacular.





In the lower left is Spider Pig. Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does.

Some of the gimmicky balloons inflated, but didn't take off.

That night, there was a large family gathering with our relatives/family friends from the New Mexico/Texas area.  It was pretty fun, even if I didn't know anyone.  The only person I remember from the D--- family is the girl from Colorado, who wasn't in attendance.

True story: The only reason I know this girl is because Mom wants me to marry her.  I told the story of Mom trying to set me up with Colorado girl, and the joke-story was a huge hit with one of the women relatives.  My sister told me later that she was the mother of the girl in question.  Oops.  I guess she was too polite to inform me that I was talking about her daughter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

is she pretty?

Anonymous said...

you should marry my cuson!!! that would be so cool!

Nana Cupcake said...

You ought'a marry me, Michael! XD Just kidding... I'm too young for you. :3

And those balloons are beautiful!!! :o What type of camera do you use; it takes amazing shots! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought the ballon shindig was cancelled.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding quest there. What happened after?
Good luck!
Have a look at my web-site ; Mac Baren tobacco