Monday, December 10, 2012

Road Trip (Part 21): Amarillo

I had a half-day in Amarillo, before leaving for Albuquerque.  It was okay, but I couldn't find much to do.  Their cathedral seemed nice, but someone burned it down in 2007 or so (before that church became the cathedral).  Now it's locked all the time, which means tourists like me can't get in and see it.

My favorite part of Amarillo was taking a random sideroad. You know the official road signs, which read "Albany, 10 miles away, New York, Amarillo 160 miles away"?  On the back of one of them, a fan of the movie Psycho painted this:


For lunch, I went to a local chain called Famous Dave's.  Man, that bleu cheese burger was awesome.  And as I just now found out, it is not a local chain!  They have a Famous Dave's within driving distance of my house!  Hope they're prepared for a new loyal customer!

The rest of the day, I drove to Albuquerque, New Mexico, where some family relatives are.  There's not much to say about it, besides for the fact that Mom called, and she wanted me to completely change my vacation plans, for no good reason  So there was drama that night, but none of you need to worry about that.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I love Famous Dave's! We don't have one in my hometown, and the closest one is a 2 and a half hour drive away. But it's always fun when we do get to go!

Anonymous said...

whydidthe burn down that cathedral?

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it when folks come together and share thoughts.
Great site, keep it up!
My website ; quick easy money

Jack said...

@Anonymous 4:36

What is wrong with you people? I’m sick of seeing your virus filled spam on an otherwise pleasant site. Go away!

Emma said...

bleu cheese burgers, mm. I love the vegetarian nes at Ruby's! also, please leave, spambots!

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online greater than three hours today, yet
I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It is lovely value
sufficient for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the
web can be much more useful than ever before.
Here is my site :: are there any real work from home jobs