Sunday, November 18, 2012

Too Many Pinkie Pies

Following last week's post, I've decided that I'm going to review all the new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  That'll be a nice little ten-week series for me to write.

Yesterday's new episode was Too Many Pinkie Pies.  In this episode, Pinkie Pie (the crazy pony) clones herself with a magic mirror.  Disaster ensues as the clones make their own clones, and soon there are 40 Pinkie Pies running around and wreaking havoc.
  • You were able to tell the difference between Pinkie and her clones, because the clones all had mental problems (such as the inability to remember names).  That unintentionally reminded me of Clone #4 from the movie Multiplicity.
  • It's an okay episode overall, but I didn't like the ending sequence, where they got rid of the clones by killing them with exploding magic.  It seemed unnecessarily violent to me, despite the assurance that no clones were harmed in the making of this episode.
  • Also, Twilight had a hair trigger during the entire "get rid of the clones" scene.  Some clones got killed, when all they did was turn their heads to the side.  You think Twilight would be more careful when it comes to not accidentally killing one of her friends.
  • There was a weird scene, where somone finds a hidden compartment inside the library, containing a magical book.  Nobody comments on this at all, as if it's perfectly normal to find unknown hidden compartments.
  • They did an interesting job, showing how Pinkie reacts to her clones. It's nice to see her show emotions besides "hyper" or "completely insane".

6 comments:

Lily said...

Interesting observations, Michael. When did you start watching My Little Pony? My sister makes me watch it with her, but I actually don't mind too much. It's a lot better than the movies they made when I was little, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

I don't watch Little Pony, but that cloning storyline sure sounds an awful lot like a series of Calvin and Hobbes strips that were published 20 or so years ago...

alan050 said...

excellent review michael.

also is this you?


http://www.fimfiction.net/user/arglefumph

because i certainly don't recall you mentioning this anywhere on your blog.

P.S. i apologize in advance if you did mention it somewhere on your blog and i just missed it.

Michael Gray said...

Yes, that's me. I think I rarely mention fanfic endeavors on this blog, besides the Nancy Drew ones.

alan050 said...

that's all right.


i just finished reading "Luna in the Crystal Empire"

very well done my friend.

Anonymous said...

Your style is unique in comparison to other folks I've read stuff from. Thank you for doing this.
Free Background Check or [url=http://www.freebackgroundcheck.info ] Free Background Check[/url]