Yesterday's new episode was Too Many Pinkie Pies. In this episode, Pinkie Pie (the crazy pony) clones herself with a magic mirror. Disaster ensues as the clones make their own clones, and soon there are 40 Pinkie Pies running around and wreaking havoc.
- You were able to tell the difference between Pinkie and her clones, because the clones all had mental problems (such as the inability to remember names). That unintentionally reminded me of Clone #4 from the movie Multiplicity.
- It's an okay episode overall, but I didn't like the ending sequence, where they got rid of the clones by killing them with exploding magic. It seemed unnecessarily violent to me, despite the assurance that no clones were harmed in the making of this episode.
- Also, Twilight had a hair trigger during the entire "get rid of the clones" scene. Some clones got killed, when all they did was turn their heads to the side. You think Twilight would be more careful when it comes to not accidentally killing one of her friends.
- There was a weird scene, where somone finds a hidden compartment inside the library, containing a magical book. Nobody comments on this at all, as if it's perfectly normal to find unknown hidden compartments.
- They did an interesting job, showing how Pinkie reacts to her clones. It's nice to see her show emotions besides "hyper" or "completely insane".