Monday, November 12, 2012

Timon

You know what they should make a movie out of?  The story of Timon.  I know Shakespeare made a play about him, but hardly anyone ever reads it.  In fact, the play is so bad that scholars like to think someone else wrote it.

Timon lived in Ancient Greece.  He was basically a rich party boy, who spent most of his time throwing parties with all of his friends.  Eventually, he used up all of his money.  He thought his friends would help him out, but they all bailed on him.  He had to move out of Athens and become a farmworker.

One day, while he was working in the fields, he found a huge pot of gold that someone had buried.  Timon became rich again, and he moved back to Athens.  His old friends reappeared, expecting a huge party.  Timon went completely postal on them.

That's a true story, even though the pot of gold part sounds like it was made up. I dunno, I just think that they could make an entertaining comedy based on that premise.  Timon loses his money, becomes unexpectedly rich again, then swears revenge on all his former friends.  When's the last time you've seen a good revenge comedy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have no idea. how about you?

Diana said...

I'd bet that you could write the treatment.
Which actors would you choose to play the roles?

Rana Ozturk said...

Michael. You HAVE to watch Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. AND when you do, you HAVE to write about it here. YOU JUST HAVE TO!!! That movie just made me cry. AND YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I SAY COME ON PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!



...Please?

Anonymous said...

uhhhhh never.....XD

Anonymous said...

Kill Bill was the best revenge comedy I think I have seen. Part 1 & 2. Seriously deadly movie, but it made me laugh. Is it just me?