Friday, November 2, 2012

Resident Evil 4

To get into the Halloween spirit, I decided to play Resident Evil : Degeneration for the iPhone.  I've never played any Resident Evil games before.  All I know is that it's a horror series, where you go around, shooting zombies.  The demo for the game is free, and I know the series is popular, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

The plot of the game, as far as I can tell, is that terrorists have hijacked a plane.  These terrorists must be incredibly incompetent, because about a minute later, they accidentally drove the plane into the side of the airport, instantly killing themselves.

Here's the weird twist.  The terrorists had Zombie Disease, so everyone at the airport has now been infected.  Our hero, Leon Kennedy, has been sent to Zombie International Airport to save a US Senator, who is waiting in the VIP lounge.  The senator figures he's safe there, because none of the zombies have VIP privileges.

I don't know if it's the iPhone controls or what, but Leon moves very, very slowly.  Maybe he's trying to give the zombies a fighting chance, because if he moved at a normal speed, he'd easily outrun them.  The gameplay was mostly Leon wandering around through the airport, and occasionally shooting zombies, then stealing their money.

I only played for about ten minutes, but from what I can tell, it's an okay game.  It reminded me a bit of Tomb Raider, for some reason, despite the fact the two games are nothing alike.  I would have enjoyed it more if the controls worked better, but that's what I get for playing the iPhone version.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I hope you post the demo video and do a Tomb Raider walk-through! The Tomb Raider games have always been my favorite :)

Nautilus said...

Hm. Never really got in to Resident Evil. I went with Silent Hill as my first horror game, and stayed with it ever since. ♥

Eleni Di Carlo said...

The RE 4 on Wii is really slow too. I find the controls poorly constructed. Story is pretty decent but the slow controls make this game a chore to complete.