Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Deadly Device Walkthrough

I made some progress on my walkthrough for Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device.  I made it all the way through the first third of game or so.  It was sort of tricky to figure out what happens in this portion of the game, because it has a lot of one-time things that introduce you to characters and such.  Things like...

1. The first time Nancy enters the lounge, the power goes out.
2. The first time Nancy talks to Ellie, she gets a tour of the lab.
3. The first time Nancy uses her alarm clock, there is a power emergency.
4. The second time Nancy uses her alarm clock, Deirdre calls.
5. The third time Nancy uses her alarm clock, Deirdre calls and agrees to help with the case.

Unfortunately for my walkthrough, I got stuck at the lab, and I'm not sure how to progress.  I need to do something to trigger the loud humming noise (which lets me get rid of Ellie, so I can snoop in her area and take some items needed for puzzles).  However, I have no idea what to do.  I tried checking the support forums, but no luck.

I guess tomorrow, I'll spend another hour trying to figure out what it is I have to do next.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you have to do something in the security booth to trigger the hum, but I can't remember what it is - maybe looking at something on the computer?

Emily said...

You have to view all the security log in files on Gray's computer. When you leave the security booth, you'll hear the humming.

Anonymous said...

i think you need to do the puzzle with colored squares then after that you should be able to hear it.

Anonymous said...

So you decide not to enter? Why? You could do this Man. Pick a topic. DNA in space may not be novel ready. Your Vacation across America, did you get awesome stories from just regular people? And You know Nancy Drew better than anybody. I like the Nancyy idea. The DNA in space could be a winner. Hands down! But you met so many people on your vacation. You can do this and you could win. You just gotta crunch & let your groupies actually live without you while you concentrate on writing. Do it Micheal! You know you can. Just do it. Even 2nd or 3rd would get your name to the masses. ND walkthroughs don't pay. But everybody knows who you are. Take it and Make it.

Anonymous said...

Just hoping you Copywrited the name? Do it NOW if you haven't already. You are famouse. copywrite your name NOW! luv ur vids 4ever over & over. You r so famouse you gotta copywrite ur name. please

Isabelle♥ said...

That happened to me, too. I kept checking things in the office over and over again- No luck. Then my sister helped me and I had to talk to Mason again cause I didn't talk to him fully. You could try talking to the characters again and see if that helps.