Thursday, October 4, 2012

Three Things Thursday Gets Political

1. Sorry if my blog has been off lately.  I'm in the middle of my road trip, and switching time zones has not been good on me. Also, my usual "writing time" has been absorbed by my travel journal, so I haven't had as much time to blog as I'd like.

I'll start posting entries from my travel journal when I get home, so you'll be able to see my pictures along with the descriptions.

2. The big debate between Presidential hopefuls Romney and Obama took place yesterday.  I mentioned this over a year ago, but it bears repeating: President Obama uses the exact same delivery style whenever he gives a speech.  I know that he doesn't want to mess with his winning speech-giving formula, but come on.  Obama is supposed to be Mr. Change.  Why can't he change vocal cadences once in a while?

3.  I didn't watch the debate for very long, to be honest.  I know how I'm going to vote this year.  I am going to vote against everyone who is currently in office, as a general rule, because I don't like the way the government has been going this milennium.  My home state of California, actually, has had the same politicians running everything since the 1980's.  It is time for them to finally retire and let someone who was born after World War 2 take control of the state.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

im with you michael. Same for Minnesota. We need change!

Anonymous said...

Which states do you plan to visit on your road trip? :)

Anonymous said...

The thing is - the government is a bunch of people working together. Voting against everyone kind of resets the system, but also takes away the chance for people who are good at their job to get things done.

I'm with you, we need change - I'll be looking at everyone though ;)

Have a fun road trip!

Sammy said...

Good for you Michael. :)