Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sophie Anderson

Randomly, the other day, I discovered an artist named Sophie Anderson, who drew a bunch of fancy pictures of girls, young women and...well, that's about it.  She must have been one of those artist who can only draw one thing.

 
 
 
I am so going to take the last painting, and use it as the starting point for a picture of the Virgin Mary at the Annunciation.  ...Which reminds me.  I've drawn four versions of The Annunciation, and I haven't shared a single one with you readers.  Shame on me!

Anyway, that's a taste of Sophie Anderson.  Do a Google Images search on her, if you want to see the rest of the art she drew.  Personally, I like this style of artwork much more than any modern art.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Ooh, I love the eyes on the second one, and the third one looks so realistic!
I can barely draw a stick person... :/

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing this lady can paint, faces are along the hardest things to paint, along with babies and old men haha

Anonymous said...

I love this kind of art! Modern art just doesn't make sense to me. Go look up Akiane. I think she has a website. She is an artist prodigy and paints the most amazing art.