Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Road Trip (Part 11): Mall of America

Before arriving at Minneapolis, I stopped at the Mall of America, which is about twenty minutes south of the main city.


I almost missed out on visiting the Mall of America, because I had it confused with the National Mall in Washington DC.  It turns out that the National Mall is not a mall at all.  False advertising!

If you haven't heard of it before, the Mall of America is a gigantic, four-story mall.  It's the largest one in the country, with over 520 stores and 50 restaurants.  Basically, they have a store for everything there, and I had fun just wandering around, and seeing all the random cool stores, like the hat store, or the men's shaving store, or the store for crocs.

 
Is there a New Jersey shaving store, I wonder?

The Mall of America also contains a Nickelodeon theme park, and an aquarium, and a few other attractions.  I think I arrived a bit too late to enjoy the park, because it seemed like they were closing down.  But even though I just looked at the park instead of going on rides, I knew I would have loved it if I had visited as a kid.


The stores connected to the park only had merchandise from three shows: Spongebob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I was hoping to pick up DVDs of old 90's Nick shows there, but no luck.  Nickelodeon Universe, how could you let me down like that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay i live in mn. i had to work in the park on new years eve and new years day and that wasnt fun but i got to go on a free ride

Anonymous said...

I have never been there, but I believe they sell park souvenirs, not Nick merchandise.

Catherine Ratelle said...

Hey, you're in my hometown! I hope you like it. :)

Balin said...

I went to the MoA once and got to go to the park, back when it was Knott's Camp Snoopy. So much fun!