Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill (Chapter 3)

So here's Chapter Three of my fanfic, Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Chill. Today, Nancy speaks with Detective B, the unhelpful sidekick that she's stuck with for the game.

---

Nancy decided to leave Aunt Eloise's, so she could mail the letter to her dad. As she approached the front door, her phone went off. An anonymous person was calling her.

Probably somebody trying to sell me something, Nancy thought, as she picked it up and answered.

"Nancy? Detective Beech here," a somewhat congested voice said. "How are you?"

"Fine," Nancy said. "I'm kinda strapped for cash at the moment. How are things with you?"

"I'm frustrated, Nancy," Beech said. "I need answers, and you're my man, er...woman, teen, student, whatever."

"I prefer the term 'international supersleuth'," Nancy said. "But you can address me as 'your royal highness'."

"Uh...sure," Detective Beech said. "Anyway, as soon as you find out anything, let me know right away. All contact should be through me."

"How do I contact you?" Nancy asked. For some reason, her phone was unable to add Detective Beech's number to her contacts list. She figured that was because he called from a secure police line.

"I'll be at Maxine's Diner, near the high school," Detective Beech said. "You can come visit me in person."

"Sounds good," Nancy said. "So, what's our cover?"

"Our what?" Detective Beech asked.

Nancy sighed. "Look, Detective B, if you're going to be my sidekick for this adventure, you need to be more on top of things," she said. "I'm going undercover as a new student. Who are you going undercover as?"

"Oh..." Detective Beech said. "I'll be posing as your uncle. Uncle Steve."

"I guess that'll work," Nancy said. "I was just about to leave the house now, so I guess I'll see you soon, Detective Ocean."

Nancy hung up her phone and stepped outside.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ily. get a shout out??

Anonymous said...

*shudder* I remember that man, and his tacky green sweater

Stephan rose said...

Detective ocean! lol ily ily!

Anonymous said...

haha detective ocean and i have the shivers now cause of detective beech's top

Isabelle♥ said...

Bahahaha! 'Detective Ocean'. Good one! *Shivers thinking about his shirt*

Claus Michael Fasting said...

can i Help you with the rest of the Story, Mike?